TYPES OF CAR WRECK CASES WE HANDLE
- Rear End Collisions
- Head On Collisions
- Distracted Driving Wrecks
- Tractor/Trailer Wrecks
- Drunk Driving Wrecks
- Bicycle Crashes
- Pedestrian Collisions
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR WRECK
After a car wreck, there are a few things you instinctively know to do, like check yourself and others for injuries, check your car for damages, and check to see if the other driver is alright. After that, though, accident victims are often at a loss as to what they should do next.
As car accident lawyers, we want you to make sure you are protecting yourself physically, financially, and legally after your car wreck. To do so, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Treat your injuries. The most important thing in this situation, by far, is your health and well-being. If you’re seriously injured, go to the hospital immediately. The rest can wait.
- Collect evidence, if possible. If you are in a position to safely take pictures of the scene — think skid marks, the vehicles, the damage, and the surrounding area — do it. If you are unable to do so because of safety issues or because of injuries you sustained in the wreck, be sure to get the insurance information and a copy of all documentation related to the wreck..
- Call an experienced car accident attorney. Before you call the insurance company, it’s imperative to speak with an a lawyer specializing in personal injury and car wreck cases.
- Do not speak with the insurance company, even your own. They will be recording your statement, and they are not your friends. Even your own insurance company is not "on your side." Nor is the insurance company "a good neighbor." Let your lawyer speak for you.